Douro River Cruises
Douro River Cruises Portugal and Spain
Fascinating Douro River Cruises
The countryside of both Portugal and Spain are not to be missed, and you will find that the beauty offered by Douro River cruises enable you to sail down the legendary river and see all of the sights that you would otherwise miss. There are many Douro River cruises that you can choose from, and all of them will be an excellent choice for you to see some of the most amazing vistas that Portugal and Spain have to offer. The Douro River cruises will be the perfect European vacation for you, and you will find that relaxing as you steam down the river to stop at the many Spanish and Portuguese destinations offered by Douro River cruises will give you the opportunity of a lifetime.
Douro River Cruises Highlights: Lisbon
- Lisbon is the capital city of Portgual, and is home to some of the most amazing tourist destination in the Iberian Peninsula. Belem is home to the Belem Tower, which was both the starting and ending point of most of the historic voyages that Portuguese discoverers such as Vasco de Gama embarked upon. The cloister of San Jeronimos is another destination that you must see when on Douro River cruises, and you should definitely take the time to explore the 16th century building that was constructed in order to celebrate Portugal's expansion and national style. The "City of Seven Hills" will present many wonders to explore, and you will find that two or three days in Lisbon will not be enough to enable you to see everything that you want to. Make sure to visit the Old Town sections of Lisbon, where you can enjoy your time wandering the streets or trying some Portuguese cuisine.
Douro River Cruises Highlights: Coimbra
- Coimbra is a popular destination with Douro River cruises, and this city is the place where six of the Portuguese kings were born. You will also find one of Europe's oldest universities inn Coimbra, which contains the Biblioteca Joanina with books dating as far back as the 12th century.
Douro River Cruises Highlights: Porto
- Porto is the city where you will finally board your ships to begin your Douro River cruises, but not before visiting the medieval city center. The city center of Porto has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and here you can experience a good deal of Medieval culture in Europe as it was hundreds of years ago.
Douro River Cruises Highlights: Bitetos
- Bitetos is the first river stop on most Douro River cruises, and here you can enjoy a tour of the Alpendurada Monastery. This monastery was built in the 14th century by the Benedictine order, and here you can enjoy a tour as well as a quaint dinner.
- Douro River cruises offer you the unique opportunity to explore the Baroque Mateus Palace and Gardens, often considered to be one of the most impressive country houses in Portugal. This mansion offers you the opportunity to stroll through one of the world's most beautiful gardens, an experience that you simply cannot miss.
- Porto is known as being one of the best winemaking regions in Portugal, and Pinhao heads the list as being the epicenter city in Porto. Douro River cruises offer you the chance to visit a vineyard, or quinta, where you can taste the world famous beverage and learn a bit about Portuguese wines throughout history.
Douro River Cruises Highlights: Vega de Terron
- Vega de Terron is a town on the border of Spain and Portugal, and this is the port from which you will travel to Salamanca. This city is known as the Golden City, thanks to the unique coloring that the sandstone buildings have attained with the passage of the centuries. Here Douro River cruises will offer you a tour of the university, as well as a flamenco show over a local Spanish dinner.
Douro River Cruises Highlights: Castelo Rodrgio at Pinhao
- Castelo Rodrgio at Pinhao is a citadel laid out in the traditional medieval style. The houses are made with thick stone walls, and you will find that the Chafariz dos Pretos fouyntain is a sight you must see. The Vintage House Hotel was once a vineyard from the 18th century, but is not a hotel where Douro River cruises will offer you a taste of Portuguese cuisine and wine.
Douro River Cruises
Discover Douro River by ship! More confortable than ever, more cheap than ever, more phantatastic than ever. rivercruises.org offers you the most phamous Douro river cruises. What ever river cruise you are looking for. Here you find everything cheaper and better! > > > Travel Request < < <